• Follow on Bloglovin

18 Dec 2011

Mint Kisses {Homemade Gift Idea}

These sweet little treats are fun to make and so moreish! Wrap them in a cute box and they make a lovely homemade gift.

Ingredients:
  • 2, 5 cups [4 dl] icing sugar
  • 1/2 cup [1 dl] cold water
  • A few drops of vinegar
  • 10 drops of peppermint oil
  • 100 g dark chocolate
Mix icing sugar, water and vinegar in a pot, bring to boil and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
Check if it's ready by cooling a little bit of the mix in a glass of cold water, and then "roll" it between your fingers. If the mix becomes like a thread between your fingers it's done. Otherwise boil for a little longer.

When the mix is "thready" add the peppermint oil while stirring. Then let it cool down a little while continuing to stir. The mix should now be a white opaque colour.

Using two spoons, form small, round pastils on a sheet of baking paper. When the pastils have set, melt the chocolate and pour into a plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the bag and decorate each pastil. Let the chocolate set, and enjoy!

13 Comments:

Unknown said...

Fab idea! I'm unsure why there needs to be vinegar in the mix though... Xo

Deer Little Fawn said...

Great idea! I might try these next year as a break from the gingerbread! They look nice :)

Lisa {A Piece of Lisa} said...

@Amy Yeah I know the vinegar seems a bit odd, but it has something to do with the acid. In Sweden we have a special thing we use and I found vinegar was the closest thing to it here! :)

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

This looks delicious! I love mint and chocolate together, and this looks like a great recipe!

Also I haven't been here since the layout changed a bit, looks very nice:)

Unknown said...

Oh I see! Fair enough! :) Thanks Lisa :) xo

cb said...

i love mint anything! they look really delicious! homemade yummies are always my favorite to receive.
xo,
cb

Unknown said...

In reply to your comment - I did cry watching them so did my mum haha! It was so lovely because the woman looked so over the moon and proud :')

This sounds like such a good recipe! I'm trying to do more homemade goodies this Christmas :)

xx

Anonymous said...

this is the kind of gift i would love to make but wont find the time… but i am sure i will get at least one of them from my best friend… :D love it...

Rin Dawson said...

Oh What a Beautiful Post (I must try those Kisses - there is nothing better than minty chocolate!) & Whimsical Blog - The prettiness made me dizzy!
Peace, Love & Happy Holidays - Rin @ www.paperedthoughts.blogspot.com

Me And My Sweets said...

Oh, I haven't made these since I was a little kid! They are truly delicious!!! This holiday it's all about chocolate for me:-)

Unknown said...

hi Lisa, I will try it as I find the mixture heavenly!!! a minty kiss!!

Val Artes Digitais said...

Oi amiga, achei seu blog lindo, já estou seguindo e sempre que puder passarei por aqui, trabalho com artesanato, venha conhecer meu trabalho ficarei muito feliz.

valartesdigitais.blogspot.com

Bjs da Val

Angel said...

Hej där!
Allt bra idag? =)
Gott med julbak! :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!
xo Lisa

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...