• Follow on Bloglovin

14 Oct 2011

Blog Tips: 5 Ways to Attract More Visitors to Your Blog

5 Ways To Attract More Visitors To Your Blog


Hello sweethearts and Happy Friday!

This week I have received several emails with the same question; how do you get more visitors to your blog? Of course there are lots of blogs with more traffic than I have, but I thought I'd share a few ideas that I think work. But remember, your traffic will not hit the roof over night. Growing your readership is a long process, and you shouldn't blog because you want a lot of hits, you should blog because you enjoy it and have something to share. The most important thing is to make an effort to post quality content, then readers will find you and stay!

If anyone have any more idéas, it would be great if you'd share with a comment!


So here are my best tips:

1. Network/Collaborate With Other Bloggers

A great way to let people know you exist and make blog friends is to comment on blogs that you like and are similar to yours. Most bloggers will check you out, and if they like your blog they'll come back. You can also check out the blogs of the people that comment on your favourite blog, visit them and leave a comment, it will be much appreciated and now the ball of your blog network has begun to roll! But make sure to leave meaningful and sincere comments, nobody likes comments that are obviously just there to get a comment back, and never ever write: "can you follow me?" and stuff like that. When you get to know other bloggers you might get the chance to do a guest blog post or collaborate in other ways, this is also a great way to spread the word about your blog.

2. Twitter

Twitter is awesome for promoting your blog or shop. You can link it with your blog so that a tweet automatically comes up when you have posted something new. Twitter is also good for networking and finding opportunities with other bloggers.

3. Craftgawker and Foodgawker

Craftgawker is a website where you can post an image + link to your craft-related blog posts. Foodgawker is the same thing but for recipes. They are both fantastic for exposure, my all-time record for visitors in a day was when I posted a Photoshop tutorial on Craftgawker.

4. Pinterest

I get a lot of traffic from Pinterest, but it's a tricky one because it comes from other people's pins. So you have to get people to pin stuff from your blog. But it's worth giving it a try, start with creating a few boards and pinning your favourite images from your blog. If you create tutorials, make sure to pin these, they can spread and people will want to check out the full tutorial so they'll end up on your blog. You can also add a "pin it" button to the bottom of your posts.

5. Advertise/Sponsor Blogs

Advertising on blogs that you enjoy and that have a similar readership to yours really work. There are lots of blogs accepting sponsors, with a variety of prices. Some blogs will do a feature about you and/or an opportunity to guest blog. For info and rates for sponsoring my blog, click here. Some other blogs I have found worthwhile sponsoring are The Dainty Squid, Little Chief Honeybee and Love Elycia.

29 Comments:

larissa bree said...

this is a really great post! Definitely going to be using some of the tips! And following you on pinterest!

Anonymous said...

These are great tips, I actually never heard about craftgawker or foodgawker so thank you for that! hope you have a great weekend. :)

kaelah beauregarde said...

fab tips! i never thought of craft/foodgawker before! i might have to try that one myself! thanks for the sweet lil shoutout buttercup! <3

Unknown said...

I love how Pinterest has really given us another way to share our blogs/other's blogs with everyone else. So handy!

nice tips :)

Miki said...

This was very interesting to read; thanks for sharing! ;) I'm so unpopular in blogland that not even giveaways attract new readers, haha; it's sad but I can't help by laugh ... It's just like real life.

Hope you have a great weekend, Lisa! ;D

Miki.

Chrissy said...

Wonderful tips! Thanks so much for sharing! I will definitely have to look into craftgawker...never heard of it before! xxx

Unknown said...

Always offering some wonderful advice! Thanks Lisa :)

xo Amy

katie scarlett said...

Thanks, Lisa! I love that print, too!

Shutterbug said...

Great tips. First time I've heard of Craftgawker. I should try Pinterest. It's seems like the next big thing besides twitter.

Liefgeval said...

Thank you Lisa :), it's the first time for me too I've heard about craftgawker, so lovely! I've been trying to get a 'pin it' button under my posts but I can't make it happen unfortunately. Any advice? :)

kaylah said...

Great tips Lisa! Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad to know advertising on my blog has been worked out well!! :)

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and absolutely love the design. Thanks for the great tips, I've actually never heard of craftgawker, but I'm definitely signing up now.

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Hi Lisa! I just found your blog through Craftgawker and I am so glad I did! I love it! All such great tips! Thank you so much for sharing

LPATRI11 said...

great post - thanks for tips ! i must try put more effort into my blog!

Sécia Mischke said...

Great tips!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Nice one hun!! Thansk for sharing ur great wisdom!! LOL
I've just started blogging and it can get a bit confusing and lonely!! So this post is a great heads up!! Take a look if you want and leave some comments, I need some constructive criticism!!!

Cheers
www.bezunta.wordpress.com
xxx

Nidhizzle said...

Haha! I found you through CraftGawker! :) Nice tips.

I Just Gotta Get This Off My Chest said...

Great Tips!! I just started a blog a few months ago but I have been to shy to really share it. I'm going to use our tips. Thank you!

Lilia said...

This are really good tips! I'm definitely going to try them. I started a blog but I been very shy and scare to share it with people, I did it for fun! But I think its time to share it with whoever I can!

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Great tips! I'm kind of on the same page as Lily right above here. I started a blog for my up and coming business and been looking for some good tips. Not sure if I wanna hire an seo company to do it for me or if I should just follow your tips and do it myself. Thanks a lot for posting!

Atiqur Sumon said...

I really like your blog.Awesome banner

Photo Retouching Service said...

Very much helpful information for the blogger.

Anna @ Real Ways to Earn said...

These are great tips! I really second the Pinterest tip. I am starting to get some traffic from there pretty much daily.

lottie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lottie said...

Thanks so much!!! Very helpful!!!!

http://mysupercreativecorner.blogspot.com/

beats headphones said...

I wanna share your post on my facebook,u know,the link,I like your post! is that ok?

Unknown said...

This is a nice article, although there are so much more to add but really I like it.

A webmaster should focus on creating a aquality content on the blog because it's the key that will attract visistors. Then start submiting those links to social media channels : Facebook, twitter, pintrest ... and so on. So If a visitor clicked on your website's link he'll find something valuable to read.
Thank you,
http://smarttouch.me

Clipping Path Work House said...

Great blog... thanks

Unknown said...

thanks! this was really helpful! I am definitely going to try these! xo

www.loganmaack.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!
xo Lisa

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...