• Follow on Bloglovin

24 May 2011

Thank You Everyone...


For your lovely thoughts and comments on my previous post, James and I really appreciate every single one!

Wow... What a weekend! It's so weird when you think back to before something life-changing happens... on Friday I had no idea this was gonna be one of the most important weekends of my life! We are still in a bit of a shock engagement bubble and regularly look at each other and just freak out! :)

James proposed in a restaurant in central London, a dim sum place (we both love dim sum) with amazing food and really cool interior design, everything goes in blue and the ceiling was dark with lots of small lights, like stars. After I said yes we drank pink champagne and tried to get to grips with what just happened. Everything was perfect, but what moved me the most was all the effort he put into getting the perfect ring. When we were in Sweden he asked my mum for advice about the style of the ring when I went to the grocery store, back in London he had it made with the diamond that was his grandmother's. I feel so honoured.

Again, thank you for your thoughts. The wedding isn't until next year but I'm looking forward to share my ideas with you all!

xo




image source

15 Comments:

Jenna said...

So exciting and sweet that he had the whole thing planned for so long - I also love the idea that he used his grandmothers diamond!

Enjoy the engagement bubble and I can't wait to start seeing posts on wedding planning :)

xoxo
Jenna

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see all the great planning posts :) We love Dim Sum too..yummmm!!!
xoxo
-linh
http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You will have the most amazing time planning your big day! I got married a month ago and it was a dream wedding come true! I had the most fun planning, I kinda miss it!!!! look forward to reading all about ur plans! All the best xxx

Janette said...

What a thoughtful guy! You are going to make one beautifullll bride Lisa!

Janette, the Jongleur

Anonymous said...

Oh my...*insert jumping up and down squealling with delight here*...congrats sweetie! Can't wait to see the wedding details start to unfold. As an old married lady of 5 years and counting...I need to live vicariously :) I miss planning a wedding!

xx Cat brideblu

marcela said...

Hi Lisa, do you know this blog, http://ruffledblog.com? It's all about wedding ideas! I don't even have a boyfriend right now but I loooove to take a look at it and imagine my wedding! hahaha

I think you're gonna love it! :)

xoxo

Sécia Mischke said...

Me too! Can't wait to see the plans underway.

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

What a sweet story! Thanks for sharing!! That is a moment you will never forget! xxx

Sarah said...

Girrrl, congrats!!! The ring is perfection, and it sounds like the man is too. :)

Unknown said...

WOW such a happy moment !!! your boyfriend did a great job!!! a big hug to both of you!

Em {Emerging Em} said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting! Can't wait to see fun planning posts!!

Amber said...

belated congrats! Cant wait to hear all about the wedding planning details!

Pinecone Camp said...

The ring sounds fabulous - such a sweet idea. Congratulations from girl that's been married for a long time! ;)

Eleni said...

Oh, congratulations! I'm a bit behind on my blog reading so I've only just seen this, but now I'm happy! I love the ring. I tend to wear big chunky costume jewellry so people are often surprised when I say I prefer really simple, understated engagement rings. Top marks to your fella!

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

awe, shock bubble indeed! i can imagine but so glad you shared the story, i was dying ova heah! it's so special that your ring was made with his grandmas sparkler, love that. ♥

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts!
xo Lisa

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...